Monday, August 21, 2006

Summer Kids Club

Indiana Bones and the Sands of Time starts today. It's the most exciting week of the Summer at my church. I'm so so so so so so so so excited for it to start.

I get to be a leader this year. Last year I wasn't attending the church regularly, so I was just a helper. What a difference a year makes. Now I work at the church, and they've entrusted me to lead 20+ kids around for our version of Vacation Bible School.

This week is gonna rock the socks off of Summer.

6 comments:

Phats said...

Are you Indiana Bones?

Michelle said...

Hey Mike - I was a leader last year and am not this year. Hmmm, what's the deal with that?! LOL No I requested that since I have the baby this year. Why wouldn't anyone entrust you with 20 kids? You are the best guy ever with kids, you rock!

Phats said...

hey how were the water slides?

Anonymous said...

Yay for fun kiddo's! I hope you make some rockin arts and crafts!

Mike H said...

Phats - No, I am not Indiana Bones. The Children's Ministry Pastor is playing the part of Indy. Also, the waterslides were ok. I've never really been a big fan of waterslides. And I was there for work so it wasn't always the most fun time.

Michelle - No. YOU rock.

Steph - Today we did sand art. Because of the whole Sands of Time theme. But I guess you could have figured that out on your own. I'm gonna stop typing . . . now.

that girl possessed said...

you should check out:

gym class heroes (i suggest "cupids chokehold")
hot chip
chad vangaalen
band of horses
white hassle
the wedding present
explosions in the sky
kevin devine
halloween alaska
irving
maritime
wolf parade
we are wolves

assuming i haven't told you about them before or you haven't already heard them.