Monday, November 20, 2006

November Update

It has been quite a busy November. It's all gone by so quickly, I don't even know where to begin to tell everyone (all 5 of you who still read) just what I've been up to the past few weeks.

So, I tried posting those pictures a few weeks back and Blogger still wouldn't co-operate. I just kind of gave up on blogging for a few days after that, and then I started doing fun things, so it all got pushed to the back burner...

Here's everything I've done in no order, other than that which I remember first.

Last week I went to watch a WHL game, Giants vs Kamloops Blazers. It was awesome, even though the Giants lost 4-2. There was a sweet fight in the middle of the 2nd period which, apparently, was a way bigger deal than Lindsey and I knew at first. The two guys that fought were each their team's fighter, Lucic for the Giants and Kassian for the Blazers. And, they are both represented by the same agent. An article in the paper said that the agent wouldn't declare a winner, so the paper tried to analyze it to no avail. Lucic got more hits on the other guy, but the other guy cut Lucic over the eye with presumably a punch. (I think he just forgot to cut his pretty little nails.) Linds and I both agree that Lucic totally beat the other guy.

Which leads me to last night, when I went to my first NHL game of the season. Canucks vs Blackhawks. Canucks won, and the game was great. I went with our friend (and some of yours) Heather. It was the first time she had ever gone to see a hockey game. The highlight of last nights game was a toss up between the funny drunk guys sitting behind us, and the fight between Pyatt and Vandermeer. Pyatt totally won the fight, but he had home ice advantage, so he had to win. The drunk guys behind us were making us laugh the whole time. Some quotes...
"Skate!"
"Feed it to him! Feed him with the right and block with the left!"
"Oh yeah, we got ourselves a 'tender!"
"Here I am, rock you like a hurricane!... We totally nailed that one, oh yeah, nailed it"
"You have no idea how proud we are of you right now, Junior. She digs you"
"That's ok, the rejection only hurts a little bit (pause for effect) OK it hurts a lot but I'm alright"
"Don't panic... Awww you panicked!"
"We need Bure back. Whatever happened to that guy? I hear he's a pimp in North Van"
"Squish 'im!"
Most of those need a context, but suffice to say they were way funnier in person.

Lindsey and I went to a handful of movies as well.
Borat - Totally hilarious, but a portion of it had way too much man parts. Not for everyone.
The Prestige - Very interesting. See it. The story is worth it.
Stranger Than Fiction - The statement, "Hey remember when Jim Carrey was a funny goofball and then he did The Truman Show and everyone began thinking he was a good actor?" can now be replaced with, "Hey remember when Will Ferrell was a funny goofball and then he did Stranger Than Fiction and everyone began thinking he was a good actor?"
The Queen - Great movie. It really portrays the Queen with the dignity a monarch deserves, and it also provides a glimpse at just how much Britain's opinion of the monarchy has changed over the decades. Word of the movie, 'Modern'.

Linds and I were recruited to be drivers for the upcoming Youth event The Amazing Race. If you've ever seen the show, you know this was a fun event. I had the A-team of the Youth in my car, so we came in first place. They won movie passes and I found out that they squandered them on the movie The Santa Clause 3, totally ignoring my recommendation of Happy Feet. I wasn't too happy with them. But I understand trying to decide on one movie between 8 hormonal teens is a difficult thing. Still... Santa Clause 3? Please.
At least the race was totally fun. I drove the kids to Maple Ridge Paintball through the deepest potholes I have ever driven through. And there were a lot of them too!
DZ: Hey Mike, I think you need a better car.
Me: Hey DZ, I think you need a smack in the face.
DZ: ...
Then there was a stop-over at the Pitt Meadows Airport for another challenge. Morse Code or a flight simulator. After that we had a visit to the Laity Farm to either move hay, move a cow, or milk a cow. My team chose to move a cow, so they all smelled like cow for the rest of the race. Then it was on to Safeway for a shopping list challenge, and finally to someone's house for a video quiz.
In all, it was a fun night for me. My team led the way, thanks in no small part to my excellent driving abilities. Seriously, I think my knowledge of the quickest routes gave us an edge. I used to be a car parts delivery boy. I have a clue. I also had Linds in Pastor Mike's car letting me know about an accident at 203rd and Dewdney. She got to be driven around with him taking video of the whole thing. Unfortunately, we were usually leaving the location when they were arriving. What can I say? My team didn't come in first place because they were slow!

A trip to the Planetarium was in there somewhere as well, on one of the weekends. And we've also caught up a bit on TV shows that we watch. But it's a new week, so there will be more.

I'll try and do a Fall picture post one of these days, because I know some people still want to see our Halloween costumes.

4 comments:

Lindsey and Mike said...

Wow. We've had a fantastic November! I knew it seemed fantastic in my mind, but seeing it in print makes it all the more real:) And we still have 10 fun-filled days left;) Cheers to more adventure...

Amanda said...

Seriously, we should all hang out more. I need more fantastic in my life. Drastic even.

Michelle said...

Oh sure, the one night I don't go to Thrive as a leader, because I need to get better, you two are there. I could have kicked some serious AR butt but no I was hacking up a lung. Nice.

BTW - DZ is usually on the winning team and that's always why I pick him when weare doing teams! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ok so pretty much you have had cooler adventures in the last month than I have had in the last, oh I would say 3 months!

I miss you guys...I wish school life and work life wasn't so so crazy. I long for the days of beers and Mario Party!