Wednesday, November 01, 2006

You know it (was) Thriller, Thriller night

I kind of left everybody hanging with that last post. Here's the sum-up...

- Swimming was too long. 4 hours is far too much time to be spending in a public pool. Ick!
- Video games were fun as per usual. We now consider Lego Star Wars 2 complete in my house.
- Improv was hilarious. This Filipino guy was the funniest one on stage. And drinking a Guinness in front of a Pastor still makes me laugh a little on the inside.
- Chinese Food and BBQ both didn't happen, and nobody can prove that they did.
- Friendly Visit was all smiles and rainbows, which was great. Even if scheduling it was a little crazed, I'm blessed to have such understanding friends.

Now for the meat of this post, my Halloween Funtimes.

Friday 4 of us drove on down to the Halloween Train at Stanley Park. It was definitely cute. The theme was B Horror Movies, flicks that MST3K would feature. The only thing that creeped me out were the actors doing the zombie walk. Funny or not, zombies creep me out.

Saturday had Lindsey and I searching all around the local clothiers trying to find red socks to finish our Thing 1 and Thing 2 costumes. We did, and our costumes were so good. It probably tops all of my previous year's costumes for being the best.

Monday was a mini Halloween Party at the daycare. We played some Halloween games, one of which included me going face first into a plate of whipped cream trying to find some candy worms. I love whipped cream, so this challenge wasn't really all that challenging.

Tuesday (Halloween for those not keeping track) didn't really feel like Halloween. I had already done so many things in regards to it, the only thing that kept me in a Halloween mindset was carving punkins. I made 3 Homestar Runner themed punkins this year. So easy, yet so cool all at the same time. I also went and watched "Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest" in a barn. That was a lot of fun. I didn't even care that it was sub-zero temperatures and we were watching a movie I had already seen in an unheated barn. I felt that it was very character developing, and will make an interesting story to tell people in the future.

I'd love to share pictures with everyone, but blogger isn't uploading them for me tonight. Perhaps tomorrow will be a picture post?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I keep coming back for pictures but still nothing :-(

4 hours swimming?! Why the heck would you do that?

PS: Tried to catch you the other day...does Rainbow do drop in?

Anonymous said...

Yay for Homestarr Runner pumpkins!! I can't wait to see pictures. It sounds like your holiday was fun!! Oh man, we have to wait a WHOLE YEAR until this happens again.

I'm wearing my costume every weekend in protest.

Mike H said...

I tried again today to put pictures up, and still nothing. Don't worry though, I'll make sure everyone gets a chance to see all the Halloween Funtimes.

Anonymous said...

Dude! Homestar runner pumpkins!? That is amazing.

I think that whipped cream and candy worms is a challenge. I challege me not to get a fat ass form eating all of that!
Cheers to you for having a high boy metabolism!

I miss you!

Phats said...

You swam outside in the cold?! Are you insane?

Phats said...

where the hell is my god damn eggroll