Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2006 in Review

2006 was a year of change for me.

I rang in the New Year with people I didn't really know, and whom I haven't seen since. That's weird.
Somehow along the way I lost a good group of friends from across the river. I used to see them all the time. Then it became some of the time. Then I got disinvited to somewhere and I let my feelings be known about it. Ever since then I've only known what's been happening through blogs. I haven't seen them for about 8 months and that really sucks. I guess we're just in different places, in all senses of the word.

I met some new friends this year, including a lot of families from Church. I can't believe how many new faces are in my life now. It overwhelms me when I start thinking about it.

The first part of the year I quit my stupid factory job and now work with kids. This was a change that should have happened long ago. Who cares now, because I love what I do.

The summertime was interesting. I call it The Summer of Mayhem because it was. I was out and about almost every single day. It's the busiest I'd ever been. Looking back, it was all leading to something great.

My Grandma succumbed to her lung troubles. That was hard. It is the first time a relative so close has died. That, and the last time I had a real conversation with her was when she told me that I was a disappointment to my Grandpa. That's when I was taking a break from blogland. But I came back!

A large amount of my happiness this year can be attributed to Lindsey. We met in April, came
together June, and haven't looked back except to remember everything awesome we've done together. She's the best.

That's it I guess. Everything important enough to review is all there. I'm probably missing something and may offend someone with an omission, but I just don't care that much to worry about it.

I haven't posted much yet in '07 because I'm still figuring out my schedule. It's hairy! I have 4 different part time jobs. Yikes!

Here's to another crazed year!

1 comment:

Lindsey and Mike said...

The awesome in '06 still astounds me...looking forward to '07.

Thanks for being so amazing:)