Thursday, March 09, 2006

I wish they all could be California Girls

This week has been great. Not good, but great!

I went for ice cream and a windy night walk with Miss K Monday night. I really like her, and I don't care who knows. I just wish I knew if she really liked me.

Tuesday I reconnected with an old friend from the High School/University days. He's a man of faith (not unlike myself) and we had an excellent evening talking about the past 3 years. His have been way better than mine, but it's not a competition. I'm happy for the guy.
He said he's often thought about looking me up, because I was always such a cool guy to talk to. "Down to earth" is what he called me. I took that as a compliment.

Wednesday was really cool. My friend, MRW, (who you may have noticed linked) is volunteering his time to come and do what I do, but in a much more limited capacity. He comes every Wednesday now to help out with Rainbow School Age Childcare (SAC). To be totally honest, I think he likes it more than I thought he would. I've known the guy half my life, and I never knew how great he was with kids. I think one of the reasons we've stayed such good friends over the years is because we can both lower our mental ages easily. I mean, we don't take things too seriously, the way kids are like.
Then, in a surprise twist ending to the day, TGP called me up to get together for Timho's Tea. Most excellent. I had already resigned myself to the fact that we weren't going to be able to hang out until at least the 28th or 29th of March. But she wanted to do something before I left for California...

...which is happening incredibly soon! Like, tomorrow soon!
I have so much to do today it's going to be easy to keep my mind busy instead of racing with anticipation. But it's kind of hard to keep it cool, because it snowed today, and that's incredibly exciting for me. I've been waiting for it to snow ever since Winter began, and now I'm leaving town. Only 1 more sleep until I travel to the much sunnier California!

Oh man, this is so much fun!

4 comments:

Carly said...

i'm so excited for you to escape from the city and the evil rainsnow.
don't blow away on the plane and be sure to tell us all about your adventures in california land.

i'm jealous of timmyho-ing with TGP but i got to go to Wendel's with her last week.

ps - i think she likes you.

that girl possessed said...

when you refer to "i think she still likes you" i'm going to assume you mean miss k...

in which case i'm going to have to agree.

Phats said...

Yay! Glad you had a great week, and you won the phat tuesday contest, you are rocking my man!

Phats said...

You gonna get me a gift from Cali?