Monday, March 06, 2006

Oh, Snap!

My weekend...

Friday night was Trivia Night at my Mom's Church. She invited me because apparently I was going to help them win. My Mom has this misconception that I'm really smart. It's just a ruse, I assured her. I'm very knowledgeable about movies and music of the last 10 years (when I started paying attention) but the rest of my knowledge is pretty limited.
I was only helpful some of the time. And most of the answers I had correct, my team (my Mom's Bible Study group) shot down and put their own. It was fun though. For everything I didn't know, it was interesting to find out the real answer.
People really go all out for Trivia Night too! There was this one table of hot girls, who all dressed up like they were going to a party or something. They were contrasted by the table with all of thier significant others, dressed as country bumpkins. Cowboy hats and all. Whatever, I liked checking out all the pretty girls.

Saturday was busier than I expected. I went to see 'Curious George' with my good friend from the battery factory, and his family. It was his 2 year old boy's first time to see a movie in theaters ever, and I got to be a part of it. The movie was pretty cute for kids, and the experience is one that the little guy is going to remember for a while. He didn't like the previews though. I mean, who puts a preview for Monster House in front of a movie aimed at the toddler crowd? Seriously!
Right after the movie was over, I had to jet and make it to my friend Holly's house so we could then go to meet her Australian friends at a minor hockey game. Vancouver Giants vs Spokane Chiefs. Giants won 1-0, but they should have had more goals with 43 shots. We all applauded the Chiefs goalie at the end though. He was all over the place saving everything he could!
Holly's Australian friends are very cool. I just like hearing them talk. It's enough for me to just let the three of them reminisce about going to the same Catholic school in Brisbane. We all went out to this restaurant called Memphis Blues BBQ House. I've never eaten so much meat in one sitting before. And I probably could have eaten more. It was delicious.

Sunday I helped fill in for my sister at a babysitting job. She had a soccer game in the morning, so I looked after the kids until she was finished. These are the sweetest most well behaved little children I have ever had the privilege of looking after. 10 months old, 2 years old, and 3 years old. The woman they live with, and who we know, is a foster mother, and all 3 of the children were born to mothers who were substance abusing during their pregnancies. It would be really sad if it weren't for this woman taking the children into her care. She's a power Mom.
That night I went to watch the Vancouver Canucks get beaten by the St. Louis Blues. It's really too embarrasing to speak about. Especially how I forgot my ticket at home and had to get my parents to drive out and meet me halfway so I wouldn't miss too much of the game. (For those who don't know, I live about an hour drive out of downtown Vancouver.) Big Ups to my parents for sacrificing watching a losing game to help me out. I found out later they turned it off and didn't even end up watching the last period. It's frustrating when Vancouver is a team that should be doing so well, but can't seem to score goals against the 2nd worst team in the NHL.

All in all, I had a great weekend. Now I am counting down the days (4) before I leave for California for a much needed, agenda-less vacation.

5 comments:

that girl possessed said...

oh mike. you are silly.

Phats said...

Trivia is fun! I am sure you were tons of help. Did you get any of the "hot girls" Phone numbers??

Sorry about the canucks :( I am still rooting hard for them, really I am. That was really cool of your parentals.

Everyone seems to be going to Curious George. My sister and her husband took my two year old twin nephews to see it. I can't believe they'd put that preview in there either. Wow this comment is almost as long as your entry D'oh! I am shutting up now

Mike H said...

Questions questions, so many questions!

Stephanie - Busy weekends are very fun. I'll be thankful when my 10 day vacation starts on March 10th, though. I've been working hard!

TGP and Pockey - Yes, I actually just got back from my "date". I'll post about it, or just e-mail you. Prying eyes you know.

Phats - No, I didn't get any numbers because the hot girls all had boyfriends or husbands.
Canucks aren't going to win the Stanley Cup. I'll be impressed if they even make it past the first round of the playoffs with the way they've been playing lately.

Carly said...

i need to be included in this informational newsletter update e-mail.

are you going to send postcards while you're in CA? you know, being lazy on the pool deck can get down right boring.

were you at the memphis blues bbq house on commercial drive? i didn't get a phone call from you and i live up the street!

that girl possessed said...

if you don't update i may punch you in the face