Thursday, March 30, 2006

3 posts for the ultra-suede price of 1!

#1 - Reasons I Haven't Updated

I have had a really busy week.
I have been catching up with old friends from the battery factory. 2 breakfasts and a lunch. People still really miss me over there!
I work so hard at Rainbow that I need my downtime when I come home. No computer!
The Vancouver Canucks (NHL, for those who don't really know) are making the Western Conference playoff race really close, so most of the time I'm watching hockey. Even if it's not the Canucks playing.
The Vancouver Giants (WHL, these are 16-20 year olds) are in the playoffs, and WHL hockey is really fun to watch.
My mother is acting as my "agent" and setting up meetings and such in order to get me more work in the childcare field.
My brother is leaving for the Yukon. Again. For 2 years or so. I need to spend time with him because he's leaving in a few weeks.

#2 - Plans

About 6 months ago, I had a 3 year plan. I was going to work at the battery factory, pay off my car, and save up to buy a house. I was going to meet lots of nice ladies (NOT factory ladies, they're cuckoo), convince one of them that I was worthy of a long term commitment, and make lots of hockey playing babies.
Then I quit my job. New plan.
I actually don't have a plan as of yet. I can barely make ends meet as it is. I have 2 years left on my car payment and I'm making 1/4 of what I used to be making. Most of my friends live a 30 minute drive away from me, and I seem to be the one making the effort to drive and see all of them. It's not that I mind this very much. (I'm a very co-dependent person. I need to have people in my social life, or I'm likely to go into a coma of depression. ) I just wish gas didn't cost 5 days worth of groceries every time I fill up. It's eating away at what little I have saved up. By the end of April, I'm gonna be broke! I hope I get a refund from the Tax Man, otherwise I'm going to go into a financial coma... and hermitude.

#3 - Wasting my time?

I went to a Default concert. Wait, was it last weekend? Has it really been that long since I posted? Wow, I'm sorry guys. Time flies when you're busy living life. (See my reasons above.) Anyways, I'm at this Default concert, not because I like Default. In fact, I think Default is only OK, and not really worth the money spent on a ticket to their concert. I'm at the concert because Miss K invited me, and the only way I get to see her, or hear from her, is when she happens to call me. I call her, but I usually get her voice mail. I'm thinking I should just try asking her voice mail out, at least I'm getting through to it. So, I'm at this Default concert not because I like the music (I don't) but because I like Miss K. And she knows it. Because I told her. At the concert. And I got next to nothing in return.
Now, I've been out of this whole 'dating scene' for a while now (and that's ok by me, I'm not desparate for love or anything, but it would be nice to get a little action). But the rules haven't changed have they? I mean, I like this girl and say really nice things to her, right? She's supposed to say nice things to me so that I know the feeling is mutual, isn't she? I'm not going to try and make some move when I don't even know if she likes me, should I? According to my sources on the matter, she likes me. But if I go based on my instincts, she just likes to have me around as a friend. My instincts haven't really been too reliable in the past though. (Have you read my All-Time Top 5 Most Heartbreaking Breakups?) I've really got nothing else going on. That is to say, no ladies in my demographic have made it known to my limited guy intellect that they're interested in me. Tell me, is Default right? Am I just wasting my time?
Crushes suck. AND crush.

8 comments:

that girl possessed said...

hmmm...

#1 - you know i'm totally happy for you being busy with work and something you like.

#2 - if you don't want to come here just tell me and i'll drive. i never offer because you have always been so into driving in general, so please don't say you are making more effort. you have to express that you want things to change.

#3 - miss k has told me that she likes you, but honestly, i think i'm over this. you are only suppose to go half way and she's suppose to meet you the other half. sure she's not the type to make a first move, but c'mon!!! show that you like the person. no one in their right mind would make a big move when they are getting nothing in return. i think pockey would agree with me on that matter... you don't leave a guy with no inclination of whether or not you like them and then expect them to make a move.

seriously, i'm over it. next.

(sorry miss k, i love you but i think my friend needs to stop being jerked around. if you like him then try)

Mike H said...

pockey - Thanks. I hear you're so totally crushing, it sucks hey?

tgp - #1 I know.

#2 Not directed at you. I love visiting Langtown, you know that. And you've been here more than once. I've got other friends (surprising, I know) from Mission who don't even make the effort to come visit.

#3 Thank you. You and pockey know what's what. That's why I like hanging with you. Driving and hanging out with you.

Phats said...

Excuses excuses, you need to update more :)

GO CANUCKS!

Anonymous said...

Default? that's about as big a move as you can make and still nothing...
If you don't mind being super patient and getting nothing in return then keep doing what you're doing...I only met her once and quite honestly she didn't totally blow me away and you my dear bow deserve some freakin' spectacular!

that girl possessed said...

hey ken, dude don't worry about opening up a can of worms.

i'm glad you posted about all of this (i'm not sure if anyone else will be, but i am). alicia and i both love kim (and YOU!) to pieces and i hope you realize that and don't think that we dislike her. the only place my frustration on this whole thing stems from is that she had told me she liked him and i didn't understand why my good buddy mike was feeling crappy about the situ. if kim has told you differently then THANK GOD it's been clarified and my boy can move on. also, please don't think that this was a first method to sort this all out... alicia and i have both talked to kim on many occassions asking if she really did like mike (so we could have his back) and everytime she told us yes.

i'm sure this will be something that we all laugh over later and i hope you are still cool with all of us because i think i can speak for everyone when i say that we think you guys all rock.

Phats said...

hmm i feel like i stumbled into an episode of days of our blogs? the young and the blogless? As the blog turns?

Who has longer hair now Mike or TGP?

Mike H said...

See! Look at what Ken said! I was right.
"kim doesn't feel the way about mike like mike feels about kim"

Thank you Ken! I've been waiting for someone on the other side of things to give me the goods.

Now I can move on. Simple as that.

Oh yeah, and everyone play nice in my comments section.

Carly said...

90210