Sunday, February 05, 2006

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

I've got a cold. I hate colds.
My eyes won't stop watering, my nose won't stop running, and I think I've got a mild fever.

Sucky.

I called in sick to work today. I might call in sick again for tomorrow. That's something I've never done before, 2 sick days in a row. I never get this sick. But, on the plus side, I don't have to go to work.

I'm giving my notice next week. Seriously. On Feb. 12th (Maybe the 13th if neither of them decide to come in on Sunday) I'm officially announcing to my supervisors that I quit.

Then I'm going to take the month of March off. Probably sell my car. Go to Southern California with my friend. Work a part time job at the Rainbow Before and After School Program a 10min walk from my house.

I'm going back to school. Something in the childcare field. I'm just too darn good at it not to do something about it. It's what I should have done 7 years ago.

2006 really is gonna be big for me, TGP.

7 comments:

Phats said...

Hey this is awesome news Mike H! I am happy for ya man, good luck with everything. Hope your cold goes away quickly

that girl possessed said...

holy smokes! my heart is filled with an abundance of joy right now for you. seriously. i'm all emotional.

you can do this, i'm so proud of you.

2006.... big year for everyone.

Carly said...

i am oh so proud mikeh!!! yaay!!!!

Joshua said...

Best of luck to you. If you like childcare that much, then you should definitely go for it.

cher said...

first of all, that keene song is one of my favorite songs in the world. it needs to be played LOUD!

i will continue to pray for you mike. you are such a delight, do you know that?

Grish said...

Hey Mike H..........

I see you are off bloggin hiatus..... your comment on my blog totally made me smile today. thanks. Let's just say I was wired on tea at that point.....

Glad to hear that you're taking those steps to making yourself happier... I know how scary just the thought can even be sometimes.

We should catch up sometime........

Phats said...

you over your cold yet?