Saturday, February 18, 2006

Someone will need you tomorrow

There's this safety poster at the battery factory. I've seen it every single day I've worked there for the past 3 and a half years, 5 times a day. It's right outside the lunchroom, and I walk past it every time I take my break.
It says "Someone will need you tomorrow" (hence the title of this post), and it has a picture of a baby on it. Cute kid, in a diaper. I guess it's supposed to remind all those with a family waiting for them at home that they should think about safety first. The message is good.
For the past year, whenever I saw that poster, I never thought that anyone would need me tomorrow. Well, I mean, I knew that there were no kids that would need me tomorrow. Something could have happened to me, and life would just go on uncomplicated for everybody.

But now, I feel like that wouldn't be able to happen. There are kids that I see every week that need me, in my opinion. I feel like I'm actually important now.

It's kind of nice.

7 comments:

that girl possessed said...

i shall save my mean comments for face to face.

i'm glad you've found some purpose/meaning.

cher said...

they are very lucky kids indeed.

Phats said...

Steal the poster! come on you can do it.

BTW you have found your calling with kids :) I am happy for you

Phats said...

ALAN THICKE BLOWS!

Phats said...

Did you steal that sign yet?

that girl possessed said...

NEW ENTRY!!!!!

Carly said...

see you in 17 hrs