Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Fool's is for suckers

Busy Friday.
I worked all day because one of the schools had a day off. We took the kids (all 3 of them) swimming and then for a play at McD's. I brought Bosco in to visit the kids in the afternoon and he loved every minute of the attention.
I went to my last Canucks game of the regular season and they lost in a shootout.
I chatted with Phats Dawg last night. He's a funny guy. (Hey Phats! Save me some Finding Nemo cake!)
Stephanie sent me a song which she has now announced as her 'Song of the Summer'. Bold words Steph, but you can reserve the right to change your mind by Summer's end. Music tastes can be fickle. This is something for which I have much experience. The song is Gnarls Barkley - Crazy, and I dig it.

The last comments section nearly erupted in argument. I'm sorry to all involved if anyone's feelings were hurt. I'm going to steer clear of controversial topics henceforth.

I really appreciate all of my friends. They listen to my insecurities and make me feel better. We laugh at the same things and enjoy life in similar ways. I trust and confide in them nearly as much as I trust and confide in my own family. I'd defend them just as I know they'd defend me. It makes me happy to know them and share in what's going on in their busy lives, and I really don't know what I'd do if there was falling out between us. Life would suck.

I don't mind driving to everyone's house, really I don't. I was having a 'Vent' moment about it because the price of gas is going to skyrocket this Summer, and that makes me annoyed. I'm sorry TGP, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I still love driving to LangTown.

Maybe I should hang back from the blog for a bit...

4 comments:

that girl possessed said...

you stop blogging and i'll punch you in the throat. and pockey and i discussed our next date night... we are coming to the ridge. deal with it.

Phats said...

WOOHOO i got a shout out!!

Piece of cake is in the fridge, I will fed ex it ASAP ;)

Keep all the great stories coming

Carly said...

i want some ridge action too....

Anonymous said...

Mike
enjoyed your blog, and will keep looking out for it. Have saved the page to my favorites. you really are a great friend and your life now will only get better and better.

talked to Julie and she said she would give you a phone call. did she?

talked to john and things are a little better.

i am getting my voice back as it is day 2 of days off. should see the doctor and see if when the air was bad has anything to do with my voice.

keep writing your blog, it is very enjoyable.