Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cupcakes

I love cupcakes.

This is just a general announcement to all who are reading. I love cupcakes and it's my birthday in a month.

My favourite kind of cupcakes is called a Lemon Drop. I love the lemon frosting. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate in general, so chocolate cupcakes are not my favourite. But I still love eating them.

There's this cupcake place downtown Vancouver that I only seem to visit once a year. It's so out of the way and I never find a nearby cupcake lover that can make the trip out there with me.

I don't know why I love cupcakes so much, I just do. Cake on it's own doesn't replace the delicious taste of cupcakes. It's something about the fact that it's a miniature cake that makes it taste oh so good.

My mouth is watering now because I'm thinking about cupcakes. I wish I had a cupcake.

Alas, I do not have one with me right now, and there is not one for me in the near future. Hopefully there is one for me in the distant future. Right tgp?

Cupcakes taste better when someone else makes them for you. That's why I'm not rushing to the store any time soon for ingredients. Also, I don't bake. I cook.

I told my supervisor that I probably would have stayed at the battery factory if they changed Donut Day to Cupcake Day. She laughed more than I thought she would, but I was serious.

Here are the cupcakes we ate for St. Patty's Day. They were delicious.


They're chocolate with green frosting and green sprinkles, but you can see that of course. And they were made at my special request, because I talked about cupcakes and my love for them so much.

I love cupcakes.

9 comments:

Carly said...

wanna go for cupcakes for your birthday?
i know exactly where it is!

Phats said...

Geesh you could be more obvious in begging for cupcakes good grief charlie brown!

Lemon hmm I have never had that kind before. interesting. I like cupcakes too :)

that girl possessed said...

mike, now you know my sister and i will be making cupcakes for your bday (oh yes we are that cheap!) so settle down.

Carly said...

tgp - can you make me some?

word verification: fucol
luv it!

Anonymous said...

Mike
how are thing tgoing?
Cupcakes!!!!!!!
Where in Vancouver?
What day?
Will I be working?
Let us know these inportant dates and times!!!!!

that girl possessed said...

when i say i'll be making cupcakes it means i'll be getting in my sisters way and trying to eat the icing....

i am my sisters handicap when it comes to cupcake making. it's kinda sad.

Anonymous said...

They're just miniature cakes right?

Mike H said...

Pockey - You're on.

Cranberry - You're on.

Phats - I never was good at being subtle. You Hoser.

tgp - I know, but I want them now!

Cranberry - No, they're all for me. Muwahahaha!

Purelucke - Let's do breakfast soon.

Stephanie - You are a visionary when it comes to cupcake eating. I am definitely trying this the next time I have a cupcake. You're awesome.

Holly - HA! You're hilarious.

Notjoecheese? - Can it be? Is your triumphant return to the Blogoteca nigh? The only way I can contact the Shipster is through the grapevine... twice a year. Did she tell you she had my brother's DVD's for 6 whole months?

MRW said...

$2.25 for one freakin' cupcake? They'd better cure pancreatic cancer or something.

Put me down for one...