Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend Update

I cannot seem to find the time to blog anymore. Seriously. I've been having far too good a time living life and being busy working with children.

Here is everything I've done in the past few days:

Friday was the field trip to Vancouver in which we rode train, seabus and skytrain. Toured GM Place and walked by Alex Auld. He was probably intimidated by the sheer number of children under the age of 10 gallavanting through the hallway. We had 24 kids, and I was in charge of the 3 that didn't barely listen to a word I said. I even employed the use of the Power Voice, which, if you've heard it, you know it's powerful. I think I was running on adrenalin all day, such a rush!

Then on Saturday I found out why my Grandpa doesn't like me. I don't live up to his ideal standards of what a grandson should be. Apparently while I was trudging up to University I should have been stopping in every week to chat, go out for lunch, and helping him with yardwork. I did absolutely none of these things, 'tis true, but then, nobody ever asked me to, so am I really to blame? I guess I was just supposed to spontaneously know that I was disappointing my Grandpa without anyone saying anything about it. Yeah, extended family.
I went to the Blarney Stone too. But without being able to cut loose and drink, I didn't feel like I was performing at my peak. Being responsible can be burdensome, but living an accident free lifestyle is something I strive for.

Sunday was far superior to Suck-turday. I was finally able to put my feet up and relax a bit. I hadn't had a break from Life until Sunday afternoon. And that night I was brought out for the biggest plate of nachos I have ever laid eyes upon. This thing looked like the top of a very large head. I've seen piles of nachos before, but this was the coolest. The pitcher's of Long Island Ice Tea and Sangria complimented it nicely. So did the pint of Guinness.
Also, I have some new friends. They're the ones who invited me out for the biggest plate of nachos this side of the Fraser River. Their blogs are already linked, so prepare yourself for some more funny girls in the life of Mike H. They're a riot. Sometimes my face hurts from smiling so much after I hang out with them. It's a good thing. In fact, I've already been quoted by them. Seriously, they wrote down a thing I said today and even went so far as posting it on the ol' blog. Cool.
Lindsey and Heather - I hope this interview process doesn't last TOO long. I mean, I've told you about the 8 month woo, right? I can only last so long 'on the outside' before giving up entirely now.

I've got way too much to say. I'll post some pictures later.

PS - Phats, is it just me or did your comments become increasingly ill informed? The Canucks didn't make the playoffs, so they're not playing anymore. And my birthday is May 8th. Why is this not marked in your calendar yet? You're such a Hoser.

8 comments:

Carly said...

it is now marked in my calendar, oh mighty voice.

Phats said...

First off your poor grandpa!! that is sad you need to go spend time with him you hoser. I love dropping in my grandma, I wish my grandpa was still alive so I could hang with him. :)

May i call you Nacho Nacho MAN I want to be a NACHO MAN!

SWEET another shoutout for the phatsmeister. That was kind of the point the comment my friend Mike H, I was being a smartass because they didn't make the playoffs. And I didn't ask what TGPPPPPPP looks like geeshopeeps.

It's on my calendar now, in big red letters ya canuck

heather said...

hmm, well the blatant brown-nosing in this post will probably hurry things along. i don't know, the eight month woo just sort of seems like a challenge. just kidding, we wouldn't subject you to that kind of thing. we're far too cool for that.

MRW said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MRW said...

Heather, you girls should really milk the process for as long as you can. I mean, mebbe you girls can even ask for some cool mix CD's for official "initiation" ;)

Sorta like, what do they call it in the states... Rushing?

Lindsey and Mike said...

Pff! Eight month woo...we won't keep you waiting that long. Hang on cause you're almost there. We probably just need to have a deliberation (a minor act which looks like it will swing in your favor...nice work). But I am definately interested in these "cool mix cd's" that mrw speaks of. Would we rather have Mike in or out? Vive le France! (Oh the goodness that is Amelie)

Anonymous said...

mike

Grandparents are sometimes too scared to admit that they are lonely. We sometimes feel that we don't want to interfer with your lives, but we really wish to hear from you and see you at your wishes and times. It is hard to ask sometimes for people to just come over and spend time.

For all of you out there; Grandparents don't really want to take over your lives, but wish to hear from you every moment of the day. We want to feel that we are part of your lives; and it gives us great enjoyment to experience all your ups and downs. It helps us have a life besides sitting at home in front of the tv or computer.

So give them a phone call, stop in unexpected and let them know that you love them.

Now that I have had my say, all of you have a great day.

purelucke

Mike H said...

Cran - The Voice has spoken.

Phats - My whole family, extended and otherwise, calls my Grandpa "Grumpa" when we're talking about him. He doesn't warrant the kind of sympathy you're giving him.

Heather - Too cool for school? I hope not, because that's way beyond my grasp.

MRW - Oh man, do NOT start talking up my mix CD's. I already owe people mix CD's, and I don't need your help promising them to others!

Lindsey - The 8 month woo taught me one thing. Don't ever put up with an 8 month woo again.

Stephanie - You've already enriched my musical knowledge so much, you don't always need to contribute meaningful comments. Just keep me in the loop for musical goodness.

Purelucke - You raise very heartfelt and interesting points here. I'll fill you in more when we breakfast later this week.

Pockster - Good assessment. Nobody had game that night, and it was such a strange assortment of people.