Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Post 2006

Christmas is nearly here and I still have a couple gifts to buy. This is, by far, the least organized Christmas I have ever prepared for. Usually I am so on the ball that I offer to get help my Mom out with things. The main reason of which is that I get to write the H Family Christmas Letter. But not this year, no sir (and madam), I have a life this year.

Lucky for me, I also have an awesomely flexible schedule that has 2 to 3 hour gaps where I am able to run around and get the last minute stuff done.

This is not to say that I am dreading Christmas. In fact, I enjoy everything that I've done in the past few weeks leading up to the oh so special day.
- I made a Christmas Music CD using free MP3's posted on blogs.
- I discovered my enjoyment of indie rock and Christmas Music can be combined into an awesome mix CD of free MP3's posted on blogs.
- I ate some yummy Christmas goodies from Lindsey and 4ever29.
- I visited with friends. A lot of new ones and, of course, the steady usual ones.
- I was introduced to Peppermint Schnapps and Hot Chocolate, a combination that everyone must enjoy, at least once.
- I saw the Canucks beat the Wild with a controversially allowed goal. It should have been disallowed, but what can I do about it?
- I saw my friend Holly perform in the Electra Women's Choir.
- We tried to organize a trip to see the Stanley Park Christmas Train, but downed trees and other wind damage cancelled our excursion. Oh well, there's always next year.
- Lindsey bought us the best Christmas CD box set EVER!...
Which brings me to our Pic of the Day. Behold all that is contained in Sufjan Stevens 5 CD Christmas Box Set recorded over the past 5 years. It's freaking awesome, and it will forever be in Christmas CD rotation.

Bonus Pic of the Day. Our Christmas Tree. See how unprepared we are? There are still no presents wrapped in our house. As long as they're wrapped by the 24th, right? Plenty of time...

Merry Christmas Blogland.

2 comments:

Lindsey and Mike said...

Wow, it's been quite the Christmas season already and we're still 2 days away. That's plenty of time for more Sufjan! And not so plenty of time to get some last minute shopping/creating done...but it will:) If things get too crazy out and about today, we can always just boogie to the elf dance.

Phats said...

Merry Christmas Mike H have a good one and a safe holiday