Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It'll Xavier your Rudd

Today I did a lot of nothing, again. Fortunately my good friend MRW sent me a link to download this cool word game. It's totally for kids, Bookworm Adventures Deluxe. I had the time to make it through 2 of the 3 worlds. It's a very addicting game, the basic gist of it is this... Make words using the 16 letters given so you attack the bad guys. This is not as easy as it sounds. Once you use a letter you can't use it again unless the game gives it to you. I started out making mostly 4 letter words, but now I've upped my creative juices to using more 5 letter words.
But the game is not the point of this post.

Lindsey and I went to see Xavier Rudd at The Orpheum tonight and it was an amazing show. I knew very little about Xavier before I went, other than the fact that he can play the didgeridoo.
Well, is that ever an understatement as I was to learn tonight. He's got this whole set up in the middle of the stage that includes around 6 bongo type drums, 3 didgeridoos, 2 gongs, 1 wood block, and around 15 or so cymbals. Not only that, but he played at least 6 different kinds of guitars. The most amazing thing was when he was playing the didge while either drumming or strumming. The man can't be human!
All in all it was a great show, the last show on this particular tour. My favourite part, other that having my mind blown by musical talent, was his intro guy. This big bellied aboriginal man with a long scraggly beard and a long scraggly mustache came out with his tribal gear on and a santa hat. Then he cracked jokes as he played Jingle Bells on the didge (and boy that man could play the didge). I wanted to see him as part of the show, instead Xavier played a song written about the man's sister who died as a result of alcoholism.


Updated at 1pm!
The Pic of the Day is from the Xavier show. It took a few tries, but blogger finally decided to upload it. It's blurry, I know. It was taken from the balcony without a flash. During the encore performance he brought out a group of six kids between the ages of 6 and 10. They sang backup on a song about a ship. It was awesome! There were so many cool things this guy did, more people need to know about Xavier Rudd. Check out his setup, he can barely move in there.

Oh yeah, and the 10 points is going to be split right down the middle because Michelle guessed two things and she was only half right. We had Tacos and Fajitas. So that means the other 5 points go to Saranate who guessed margaritas but mentioned fajitas. Sorry Nuttina, we love the quesadillas but we didn't have them the other day. That's usually our Sunday lunch.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh sure, I should have read this post before re-answering the last one. Oh well 5 points!! Woohoo for me. What can I buy with them?

Sara said...

Yeah, what can I get? I'm glad I mentioned them, but now I really want one or two or six. Nate makes a killer guac too. Yum.

Mike H said...

The winners of this round of points get to use them for babysitting in 2007. 2 points equals 1 hour.

For anyone else who wants to get points, I'll think of some other prize that will be more worthwhile to you. For the Mom's, it is babysitting.

Sara said...

SWEET. I'll make sure J saves all his poops.

Michelle said...

Way sweet prize. OK, when's the next contest? LOL

Phats said...

I wanna play the word game!

I like the name Xavier people can call him X you know like the drug

Lindsey and Mike said...

Good idea, except that he's Aussie and down there you don't say the 'x' (the phonetical spelling would be Zavier). Sorry, but as far as I know he has failed to find any mythical Cabbage Patch Kids:)

Phats said...

Am I allowed to call him Xavier pronouncing the X? Pleeeeease?

Mike H said...

You can call him that all you want. But it will be wrong, and American. The Australian's say it Zavier. Or so I'm told.
Canadian's don't name their kids names starting with an X. Causes too much confusion about pronunciation.