Sunday, December 03, 2006

So far - off to a bad start

You know when you mean to do something, and then you end up having too much fun doing something else, and you forget to do the original thing that you meant to do in the first place?

I meant to blog everyday in December, but as you can see from the clock, it's not Dec 2nd, it's the 3rd. What can I say? I live an exciting life.

Today was supposed to be a "relax, don't do it, when you want to go to it" kind of day. And it was for the most part. I did some scanning for my dad because his scanner is on the fritz. I'm only half done and I've already scanned 33 articles and pictures, all hockey related. Then Linds and I caught up on this weeks episode of Grey's Anatomy after having Tim Horton's chili.

The evening was when things got busy. My friend is in the Elektra Women's Choir, which, depending on who you talk to, is kind of a big deal. They've been around for 20 years now, and are known the world over for singing excellence.
Q: How much do I know about choir?
A: Not much. I've known my friend has been in this choir for about 7 years now, (including the 2 that I've known her for) and am only just beginning to grasp the prestige this choir carries. She's kind of a big deal, she has many leather-bound books and her place smells of rich mahogany.
Anyways, I went and saw one of her concerts for the first time ever tonight. It was good. This choir is really really good. Who knew I have a friend in the Elektra Women's Choir?

The reason for the late post is that we went to Cactus Club afterward and ran into Lindsey's Long Lost Cousin (LLC) whom she hadn't seen in 8 years. And we also saw some of Lindsey's friends from The Ranch. It was totally random and strange, but it was a lot of fun. I'm going to have be short on details because I really need to get to bed soon.

Here's the Pic of the Day for Dec. 2nd. It was taken by the one and only 4ever29 during the Christmas Café kitchen clean-up. Gus kept coming into the kitchen area looking for a cold drink, as the mask made things 10x hotter than normal. Oh, and Gus is blinking in order to add to the mystique of Gus' identity. It's hilarious that some people can't figure out who Gus really is. I know, but I'm not telling!


4 comments:

Lindsey and Mike said...

I think the LLC is an acceptable reason for a late post (but I guess I'm partial). Nice picture-it's a cute toque pic:)

The choir concert rocked. Look out for monkeys in spandex!

heather said...

glad to see you're caught up on grey's. what do you think of what they're doing with burke and yang? i was glad meredith called everyone on being turds. i hate george right now. what a loser.

Phats said...

HA i love the picture awesome.

Isn't grey's anatomy AWESOME!!

Is hockey in season right now?

Mike H said...

Linds - And then I saw my wheel go by...

Heather - I am actually kind of glad that the characters are finally starting to talk it out. Secrets on a TV show never seem to end well. I have a little sympathy for poor George. He's angry (like his dad said) but nobody's really there for him anymore. He's mad at everyone and they're all too busy with their own crap to help him out. George just needs a little help, someone to talk to who isn't Izzie.

Phats - Hockey's in season until April. Keep up, man!