Monday, December 18, 2006

The things Wii did

This weekend was a lot of fun.

On Friday we were supposed to go to the Stanley Park Christmas Train. But due to the unfortunate circumstances the weather brought to the Lower Mainland, the train was closed for the weekend. Stupid wind, blowing down trees and ruining our Christmas Train event. Instead, Linds and I ate a Festive Special at Swiss Chalet, bought some wine and gucamole supplies, rented a video and packed it in for the evening. It's what everybody else was doing instead of coming with us, I'm sure of it. Because, if they weren't hanging out with us, then they were obviously doing something far better than staying in doing nothing, right?

Saturday was packed with theory, which I'm not getting into because it's not worth explaining. The highlight was taking Lindsey to her very first NHL game, the Canucks versus the Wild. It as a pretty good game, but the Canucks weren't playing very well. At least they won. My favourite part of the evening was on our walk into the arena...
Linds - I'm so excited right now.
Me - I think you should go to the bathroom before we get to our seats.
Linds - OK... why?
Me - Because you might just pee your pants in excitement.
And then we laughed, obviously.

Sunday we were all over the place, from Albion to North Vancouver, and a few places in between. I got some Christmas shopping done, we had hot chocolate and seafood dip with friends, I went for Chinese food with the H side of the family. And then we visited with more friends. Oh yeah, and I got to play the Nintendo Wii last night! This thing takes video games to the ultimate level of fun. You actually move around to play the games, it's so awesome. I want one.

Our Pic of the Day comes from the hockey game. We take feet/shoe pictures, it's just our thing. Linds got some new shoes, but mine are looking less white and more yellow these days. Either way, the game was awesome and I'm so happy the Canucks won, because one's first NHL game should be a positive experience.

10 comments:

Phats said...

I want a nintendo wii too!!!

Did the canucks win?

Michelle said...

Well if you were going to take feet/shoe pictures why didn't you take one of Lindsey's fabulous toes?! I was waiting for that one. Really, I was. I thought it very appropriate for photo of the day.

4ever29 said...

I love Lind's shoes!!! Where did she get them? It is sad though that they are covering up the pedicure.

Lindsey and Mike said...

R: Shoe Warehouse...they come in black too. And they have a buy one get one half off deal right now that includes purses. You need to go. I think they're my lucky shoes and I should wear them to all Canucks games I attend from hence forth. But it's just a theory:)

Amanda said...

I told you, I walked those hallways and gave them good luck... so far they've won every game since. :)

And yes, we packed it in as well on Friday night and watched 24 to our hearts content. It was splendid. Not as cool as the train would've been, but a close second.

Cara Bara said...

nice shoes!

Sara said...

My humble opinion is you both are very cute. But I'm a new mom and everything is cute right now, so I wouldn't take it personally.

Nate was at the game too, but so you know the reason they won was because he took my lucky jersey. It's at like 7-0 or something crazy.

4ever29 said...

I thought they won because they scored more goals than the other team.

Michelle said...

I think they won because Linds had beautiful toes. With snowflakes and everything. But I am biased. Ask Trevor Linden I bet he'd agree!

that girl possessed said...

merry christmas.