Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Frustrated, incorporated.


"The whole f***ing world's against us dude, I swear to God." - Jay, Dogma


Worst News Week, EVER!

I found this article while on a break at work. It's quite possibly the worst thing I have read this week.

I mean, replacing Christopher Robin? What the H?

This is right up there with redoing the Looney Tunes into some X-treme crime fighting superhero team. Which they've done, by the way.

Why can't people just leave well enough alone? Winnie the Pooh is doing just fine, as far as I can tell. I just watched the movie (again) tonight, and it would totally suck if they phased out Christopher Robin.

Not that I'm against the fact that they're introducing a new character. That doesn't matter so much as the fact that they're virtually eliminating the sole reason for Pooh's existence. It's all for the boy. Doesn't anybody realize that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more thing. The Vancouver Canucks have now lost their #1 goalie, Dan Cloutier, to knee surgery that will have him out for the entire season.
You know that Canucks Stanley Cup prediction Phats? I just downgraded it from a real possibility of them going all the way, to just barely making the playoffs. I guess we'll have to see how backup Alex Auld is going to fare during the next 6 home games. Then we'll see if they have a shot.

Anybody else have more bad news they want to tell me? It's only midweek, so you still have a few more days to break it to me.

It's okay, I can take it.

14 comments:

that girl possessed said...

ummm mike, i'm pregnant... and it's not yours. it's phats domino's.

i'm sorry.

Phats said...

Umm who is Christopher Robin? I prefer Tigger!

I will keep my fingers crossed for the Canucks

TGP WHAT!! I AM GONNA BE A DADDY HOLY SMOKES, I knew going to that phone booth was a bad idea!

Phats said...

Btw Mike, my first name is Phats! where the hell is my letter?

Carly said...

omg - TGP - you're pregnant too?!?!?!?
i haven't decided on the father yet. this 'emaculate conception' stuff is sorta new to me.

i always thought christopher robin was a girl. hmmmm, strange.

Mike H said...

Whoa. Who knew the blogoteca was so fertile!

Everyone - You're all ridiculous.

Carly said...

interested in going to any of these games?

Mon Dec 26 8pm Nor vs USA.
Tues Dec 27 7pm Sui vs Nor.
Fri Dec 30 8pm Fin vs Nor.
Sat Dec 31 8pm Sui vs Fin.
Two tickets each game. My cost $25 each.

they're posted at my work's classifieds webpage.

Mike H said...

Hey Cran, I check my e-mail too. You could e-mail me this info.
But... since you didn't...

I have access to all of those games for free if I really wanted them. My Mom bought tickets to every game. I'm already going to 2 World Jr. games. I'll go with you if you're really interested. But I'm not discussing my schedule through blog comments.

...e-mail, e-mail, e-mail, e-mail...

cher said...

rats, no more discussing your schedule through blog comment. well i'm going to have to find a more creative way to stalk you.

christopher robin is a pansy. get over it.

Mike H said...

Wow Cher, you really ARE bitter about this lack of letters aren't you?
You better start being nicer to me though, or I might not want to send you letters anymore.

...nah, who am I kidding! I wouldn't be able to do that. That's mean. Alright, you're forgiven.
Now where did I put my pen and paper?

Phats said...

Cher haha you crack me up!

GO USA!!! even though i don't really care ha

Carly said...

christopher robin simply bends genders. love it!

sorry mikeh. i was just on my classifieds and your blog at once and thought i would send an invite.

i would LOVE to go to a game! any game. my mom actually won free tix to the game on the 27th with switzerland.

ok, back to this 'work' thing.

cher said...

not bitter, just persistant!

Carly said...

monday - friday you can find mikeh pimping it out on the east side of M.R.
but i ain't his hollaback girl - no way. i represent the east side ghetto of vancouver. yeah.

cher said...

well, i am pregnant for real,and i'm pretty sure it is christopher robins baby.

merry christmas mike H...don't foorget to email me your tree!