Sunday, December 04, 2005

Letters are my anti-drug

OK, as promised, here are a few of the many awesome things I have received by writing to people.
A colouring book page? Coloured to the exact specifications of a gay robot? This is seriously cool. Who would have ever thought a robot could be gay? I know I didn't, until I got this in the mail. And my whole perception of robots was turned upside down! But then again, just because I like rainbows doesn't mean I'm gay. Straight people gotta take back the 'bow sometimes! Seriously though, this robot is definitely gay.


This is the postcard that cranberry sent to me. It's ridiculous. I wonder what happened 2 seconds after this picture was taken? My theory is, mayhem of course.

This is a cheating a bit. I didn't actually receive this in a letter. It is a little comic that my friends drew. We were up at good ol' University, um, studying, yes that's it. They bet me whatever they had in their pockets that I wouldn't put on my new scarf, some crazy goggles one of them had for some reason and fly up and down the hall like a fighter pilot. I even made airplane noises, and pretended to drop bombs! (For some reason they thought I was a helicopter. Silly girls!) I ended up with $1.87. But it was worth it, because as I dive bombed the other table in the area, we started talking to them more, and it inevitably wound up with TGP and I becoming friends.


And the finale, from the best letter I've ever received, from fellow BC blogger Cher. This is just the bottom of one page, but it's mostly all like this. A motorcycle and flames! That's awesome. Nobody has topped this. At least, not yet.

There was an article in the paper today about some stationary store having a BC Letter Writing Club. I felt so trendy. It was like, I'm not alone in the Snail Mail Revival! There are others taking up the cause.

Letters are the Greatest!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice story as to how you and TGP met.
Thanks for the birthday message on my blog earlier!

Phats said...

HA!! that picture cranberry sent you is called Diamondheads, we did that in cheering, and at the end we all sommersault out of it. We usually walk from one sideline to the other ha AWESOME!

By the way the mixed CD you made Nutty ROCKED!!! :)

Mike H said...

Gareth - It's a much more detailed story. This was just one of the things that sparked the whole "talk to other people" thing at school.

Phats - Cheerleader! So and So! What's Her Face! The Ugly One!
It's actually "Arabian Acrobats on Roof of Hammerstein's Victoria."
The CD rocked? It doesn't rock anymore? Hmmm, I guess I'll have to infuse a longer lasting rock flavour to my next effort. I have a copy of my own. I use it to test my friends local music knowledge, such as 'How are the first 11 songs related?'

Carly said...

yay! thanks for acting on my suggestion!
your other letters and mailings rock!

LBseahag said...

Hi...you are friends with a lot of my blogger buddies...

i wanna meet you.

SuperSpyGal said...

Where would a gay robot keep his purse???

;-)

that girl possessed said...

gareth - oh the story is sooooo much more complex.

mike h - one day i will send you something brilliant in the mail. BRILLIANT!! it just won't be anytime soon because i can't think.

curses to you cranberry and your god damn postcard. it's so freakin' wonderful

Phats said...

We must have stolen it from the arabian acrobats ha. We infact do that exact stunt though. I had a picture of it if I find it i'll post it.

Carly said...

tgp - i have plenty more postcards where that came from. i also bought a box of 16 or so x-mas cards for 99 cents. stamps are more expensive. damn

Mr. Shife said...

I do believe there are gay robots, how else can you explain Siegfrid and Roy.

Phats said...

HAHAHA that cracked me up shife

Mike H said...

Cranberry - You rock. With apple juice.

Seahag - I've noticed you around. I'll be swinging by your blog every now and then. I thought you didn't like me or something.

Superspygal - That's silly. Robots don't need purses because they have compartments built into their entire body. Who needs a purse when you have compartments?

TGP - I was going to put a pic of the little girl stationary you sent me, but I can't give away all the goods. Gotta keep the suspense somehow!

Phats Domino - You MUST find that picture now.

Pockey - You don't have to one up the letters. Just write, that's good enough for me. I hold no expectations. I'm just pleasantly surprised when I get cool things in the mail.

Mr. Shife - NOW I believe. I never thought about it before I was given that picture.

Carly said...

and vodka, don't forget the vodka.

Carly said...

mikeh - are you free tomorrow eve? i have an extra (FREE) ticket to go see the Vancouver Giants Place against Prince George.
interested????

Mike H said...

Cranberry - Vodka, fo sho. Hockey? I like Hockey! Check your e-mail.

Not Joe's Cheese - I know, flaming motorcycles are pretty hardcore in my books. Be certain that I will post whatever tops it, if it's even possible.

cher said...

wow, so the motorcycle thing was a hit! i don't remember what the rest of it was about now. but i did sacrifice that picture of my dream bike for your letter. i wish that was my bike. bike is a suzuki though. a GSXR 750 in case you care. and i had a lot of fun filling those pages for you. feel free to make Sundays clips from my letter day! lol!

that postcard was great! phats, get yourself a digital camera damnit!!!! then you can show us stuff like that.

gay robots! lmao!! who friggin knew!!!

Carly said...

dude, you need to update.