Friday, December 16, 2005

Was it a date? I don't know...

I've completely forgotten about all the bad news this week, because it's finishing strong.

The Canucks won twice on the road against some really good teams. New York, #1 in their division, and Philadelphia.
Joe's Cheese, I'm not questioning Auld anymore after a standup preformance against Philadelphia. He faced 20 shots in the 3rd Period and only gave up 1 goal? That's amazing. I'm willing to let his Colorado games just be a bad memory, and not a skill indicator.

As well as the Canucks winning, I got to go see 'King Kong' with Miss K! It was awesome! The whole evening was awesome.
The movie itself was very good. It's no 'Narnia', but I still enjoyed myself. I kept laughing through the jungle parts, because it was all so ridiculous. Just when you think it's pretty cool, Jackson hits you with something else that's freakin' wicked. (I don't want to reveal too much.) I'd recommend everyone go see 'Kong', if you don't mind sitting for 3 hours.

We had a guy sitting behind us that was the highlight of the movie though. He was alone, and had obviously just gotten off work to come see this movie. He was wearing a nice traffic vest, some coveralls, and work boots. All through the movie he was saying funny random things, loudly, and I think he expected us to answer him? We didn't, we just laughed. Some of his quotes throughout the movie, there were more, these were my favourites:

"Is that Spencer Tracey?" I just looked this guy up. He died in 1967.
"Uh oh, here comes the T-Rex"
"It's not her!"
"...(singing) bluebird, (after realizing he sang the wrong lyric)... oh it's blackbird!"

It was very hard not to laugh at all this. Miss K and I both agreed that I had to blog about this guy. He was hilarious.

Then we enjoyed a quick dinner at White Spot, (you remember the place TGP likes to steal mints from?) and headed to the place where all the cool kids hang out. Joey's House.

These 4 guys were fun, I mean, they're the cool kids so obviously they'd be fun. They were all Miss K's friends and they all seemed to like me. But I mean, who doesn't like me? You've got to have a grudge against nice people if you don't like me. Nearly everybody likes me. And if they don't, oh well. I like me.
Right, back to the story. I liked "hanging" with these guys, because they're so funny. I don't really have a group of guys like this that hang out, play video games and fooseball, and drink beer. They're all really good friends and it's obvious.

I also would like to re-iterate here that I still really like Miss K. She told me she was nervous that things would be awkward, and was happy that they weren't. Hopefully things keep going well. But she reads this (Hi Miss K!), so I don't think I'll be revealing too many details. She knows I like her though, so it's all good I continually remind you of that.

You know, in case you forgot.

5 comments:

cher said...

i like you too.

Phats said...

Did you ever go to Universal Studios and ride King Kong the ride? Hmm i think it's gone now not sure. I don't do movies, and if I do I rent.

Hi Miss K incase you are reading this. OH yeah HELL YA CANUCKS!!! WOOT!!!

that girl possessed said...

phats what did i tell you about telling mike h that you "don't do movies". gosh!!

ooooh hello miss k!! (if you are reading this i think you should get a blog and join us, come on, kwantlen for life!) sounds like you kids had a lovely evening. but i'm curious, did you see ken? i hear he love you.

Carly said...

you belong to me.


j/k.

go canucks go!

Phats said...

btw that sounds like a date to me. when is date #2?