Saturday, December 17, 2005

Saturday Night Checklist

Granville Island Brewing Lions Winter Ale is like, the best tasting beer I've ever had. But they only bring it out every Winter, so it's a seasonal treat.

Canucks lost a game they should have won.

I really don't want to work tomorrow... but I have an Ironman streak going right now. Only 2 sick days in over a year; before that it was none for 2 years. Compared to everyone else I work with, I'm Mr. Dependability.

Christmas is officially stressing me out. I still have gifts to buy, but I don't know what to get. I still have letters to write, but I can't seem to find the time to write them.

I'm too responsible for my own good.

"When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all" - God to Bender, Futurama
...story of my freaking life.

6 comments:

Carly said...

i officially release you from writing me a letter until AFTER christmas/holidays.

i always feel guilty about calling in sick to work or going home early if i feel ill. - blah.

Phats said...

If you're struggling on what to get me, my wish list is on my blog :) haha!

My parents never let me miss school when I was even partially sick, I even had to go on Senior Skip day. I'd call in and take 2 days off haha

Phats said...

I hear someone is getting a letter soon, along with some surprises!! I bet you're excited ha.

that girl possessed said...

mike h - are you stoked for winter fun day?? i know i am!!!!

don't get too stressed out kid. they are just letters and people won't hold it against you, if they do they clearly don't understand what the holidays are like. don't let yourself get overwhelmed by this, it's not worth it.

as for sick days: you sir deserve a day or two off and like a previous sick day, sometimes you just need to have a day for yourself.

cheer up muffin, melvin worries about you.

Phats said...

I GOT TO TALK TO MIKE H LAST NIGHT!!!! Oh wait you are Mike H. WOOHOO GO CANUCKS GO!

Mr. Shife said...

I don't call in sick, but I do take mental health days because if I don't someone might die.
Well I hope you can make it, and sorry about your Canucks, but I am a Blues fan so I can't give you too much sympathy since they are absolutely pathetic. They haven't missed the playoffs for 24 years I think, but that will be ending soon.