Thursday, December 08, 2005

I'm only 6'2". That's not tall is it?

I had a fabulous time last night with Cran, as she refers to herself. It was an excellent day too, so let me start at the beginning.

Yesterday morning was as boring as any other. I woke up, blogged a bit, checked out the X3 teaser trailer for the 5th time and had some lunch.

Then, when my sister's boyfriend came home we got to doing some errands. We hadn't been to the bottle depot since the summer, so we had accumulated quite a collection of beer and pop cans and bottles. After all was said and done and the money collected, we were up $22.03. That's a lot of beer people. I know there are probably those out there with a better story, with a higher amount returned. But for me this was a lot.

After the bottle depot, we went to my Mom's house to pick up an old coffee table she'd like us to take off her hands. This meant, she didn't want it anymore, get it out of her house and burn it. Well, a coffee table doesn't fit into a fireplace all that easily, so we had to smash it. Oh and smash it we did. You know how I said that playing X-men Legends was good for getting out aggression? Smashing up a coffee table is even better. I'm totally aggression free. Seriously. The Cheat is beginning to worry I don't love him as much anymore.

A quick dinner in my tummy and I was off to Vancouver to meet Cran for the game. Now, getting out of Maple Ridge at 5:30pm proved to be more difficult than one might expect. There is only one bridge out of the place, and at 4pm they put counterflow in so only one lane can be used to leave. It took me 30mins to leave Maple Ridge, and 20mins to get to Vancouver. The traffic didn't bother me much because I was going karaoke style on my tunes in the car. But I would have liked to have spent more time before the game chatting with Cranberry. She's way cool.

In between the first and second period, they have little kids come out and play a little hockey game for the fans. I can honestly agree with Cran when she says that these kids got more cheers than the big kids. They were too cute for words, so here's a pic.


They all were just barely able to skate, and everything was very much in slow motion. The best part was when the one team scored, and when the little kid was celebrating his goal he fell over. Oh so cute!

Of course, when I drove Cranberry home I also got to see the Rainbow Palace. It truly lives up to its name. That's right, I know the secret location of the RAINBOW Palace! Taking back the 'bow!

Now, I've got a backlog of letters to write.

Cher - Apparently you didn't read my last post about my hellish week. And the fact that I'm sick. I find I sound too whiny when I write letters while in a poopy mood, so that's why your mailbox is lonely. But don't worry, I'm writing a Christmas letter this year, so you shan't be disappointed.

19 comments:

Carly said...

The RAINBOW PALACE welcomes all with open arms.

I should start writing cards/letters. Nah, I just want to bake.

Unknown said...

No no you are right 6 feet 2 isn't tall at all .... hmmmmm. Geesh you don't look it in your pics. I'm 6 feet so I think we could have a descent convo without one of us having to stoop down lol.
You get paid for returning empty bottles!! Geez louise I'm moving to Vancouver! We don't get paid over here *sob*

Carly said...

Gareth dear, we don't really get paid for returning. Everytime a bottled beverage is purchased, a deposit is charged (depending on size, glass or plastic or cardboard, etc) when that container is returned you get your deposit back.
This (hopefully) encourages people to recycle but it also provides an income for people that (unfortunately) live on the street or work under the term 'binner'.
Some detailers here:
http://www.vancourier.com/issues05/051205/news/051205nn1.html

Phats said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time! I was like wtf is bottle depot, i was thinking like home depot haha! D'oh!

Btw I posted a picture just for you on the blog you better check it out. I think it's identical to your post card but we dressed better

that girl possessed said...

"you didn't tell me he was so tall!" ah yes.... words that plague mike h.

i'm cold.

cher said...

oh, i read about your busy week and you being sick. i just didn't care. awe. just kidding. i was just laying a little guilt trip. my mailbox complains all day long. just ignore it.

i'd rather not have a whiny letter anyway. you can just mail it inside the care package.

cher said...

ok mike, i came across this and of course I thought of you...

CLICK HERE

Carly said...

mikeh, if i had the cash i would TOTALLY buy that for you. or maybe that will be a x-mas present for myself.

Phats said...

That's one dandy pez there!

SuperSpyGal said...

I'm 6'5" !! ... nah, I'm kidding :)

That Mickey Pez is like a Pez lover's wet dream !!

that girl possessed said...

new blog changes!!!!!

oh and like 4 of my comments from the past 24hours on other peoples blogs have disappeared. odd.

Phats said...

I'd say 6ft2 is tall
it means you can ride all the rides at an amusement park

Unknown said...

Oh thanks for the explanation Cranberryyyyyyyyyy. That sounds like a good idea. I don't think it will catch on over here. People just throw them at each other.

that girl possessed said...

miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike, i like minty mints.

Morris said...

You momma's boy!

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris

cher said...

are you alive?

Phats said...

I got to chat with TGP!!!!!

Mike H said...

Everyone - Yes, I'm tall. TGP and I took pictures for the blog to prove it. I'll prove it, but not today.

Cher - That pez is ridiculous. I can't believe PEZ went all pretentious and high maintenance on me. It makes the homemade PEZ t-shirt my sister made me feel ratty. PS - yes, I'm alive.

TGP - Mint flavoured mints? They're my favourite kind of mint.

Morris - Who the H are you? I didn't "Axe" you anything! I love my Mom and I'm not afraid to say so. Go away if you don't like it.

Phats - She's way funnier in person. You can really get the full effect of what she's "saying". Oh yeah, and we giggle like little children when we hang out. It's awesome.

Phats said...

If I quote the entire movie from Bring it On can I hang out too and giggle like a child???