Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Mike H Update

Wow, I've been told I need to update. I didn't know you needed to see new things so frequently Cranberry!

After looking at the last few posts I realize that I haven't really been tracking the new business in my life. It's all just been fun stuff to look at.

I just finished one of the most hellish work weeks since the last time I did overtime. My regular Team Leader, Mstile, was away in Cancun on an all expenses paid trip. I guess there's no one else who can fill in for him but me (I asked), so I had to be TL for 8 days. Yuck. I even told my Supervisors that I didn't like it, but they still made me do it anyways. At least my December cheque will be bigger than it normally is.
I worked so hard over the last few weeks that my health began to suffer a little bit. I'm a bit under the weather. Not debilitating-lie-in-bed-all-day-wishing-I-was-dead sick. More like, sore-throat-sound-sexy-on-the-phone-don't-kiss-anyone-I-overworked-myself sick. There's a big difference.

My sister's boyfriend and I have discovered a new obsession, and a new way in which to "hang out". X-men Legends 2, the video game. Now, I'm not a gamer nor have I ever been a gamer. It was a major ruination point for my last relationship so I usually steer clear of playing them too much. But this game is really fun for me.
It may be my nerdlike knowledge of the X-men characters and storylines. It may be that I've needed an outlet for my pent up aggression that kicking The Cheat just wasn't providing. But I love playing this game, being Wolverine, and beating on the bad guys. It's totally unlike me to be so into a video game. That's why it's newsworthy.

Cranberry invited me to a WHL game tonight. I'm stoked. The Canucks don't play until Friday and that's a very long time to go without a Canuck game. So I'll get my hockey where I can. And tonight, it's by invite only with DJ Cranberry. I've been to a few Vancouver Giants games last season, when there was no NHL. But it was always with my family. I think that tonight will be much more worthwhile. Because the tickets were free.

Everything feels better when it's free.

11 comments:

Carly said...

free is good. that is why i am going.
we have to do some crazy stuff at the game, very crazy.

we are sitting in section: M, row: 17, seats 3&4.

i have no idea if that is good at all but, again, they're free.

we should dress white-trashish, that's it, white trash-o-rama! and pretend that we are cheering for canucks players ignorantly.
oh how the 'H' stands for Hockey and hawtness.

Carly said...

oh my, we are totally in ghetto town:
http://www.ticketmaster.ca/seatingchart/139267/11004

we'll have to amuse ourselves.

Mike H said...

Um, what do white trash people wear? Do I dress white trash without even knowing I do?

Hmmmm.

Carly said...

food for thought.....

cher said...

since your check will be bigger, you can buy more stamps.

Carly said...

pockey - next time hun. if i win, you're on my next guest list.

that girl possessed said...

i ain't gonna lie mike h, you dress white trash. and by white trash i mean you look like a bum in your bum looking jacket and the hood up.

okay this is all a horrid lie. i'm sorry. oh and i 'may' have mentioned a care package to cher. just maybe.

cranberry - i'm sure you two crazy kids can amuse yourselves just fine.

pockey - whatever, they don't get to come tree hunting with me. no ma'am they do not.

cher said...

my mail box is lonely

Phats said...

hmm work is highly overrated I suggested you just stop going in and get some rest haha.

What the hell is the WHL? Hockey geesh they think they're important enough to have tons of leagues. Umm GO CANUCKS!

Carly said...

go giants!
even though they lost (sorry for the spoiler) it was still fun.

Unknown said...

Did you have a good time at the game last night??? Spill because we want to know.