Friday, December 09, 2005

Optimus Mike is back, baby! And better than ever!

Alright, I'm back.

Today was an extremely productive day for me.

1- I finished editing and formatting the family Christmas letter for my Mom. Now all she has to do is mail it off to everybody.

2- I helped out at the After School Program at the Church my Mom goes to. It was interesting. I was basically there for crowd control. But since there were only 7 kids. I thought, How badly can I be needed for crowd control with only 7 kids? It turns out a lot. There's this one boy who purposely tries to push every limit put in place. He hits, he's insolent, he's cheeky, and he doesn't listen when anyone tells him not to do those things. At first I thought he was autistic. I had the opportunity to sit in the dreaded "Time Out" with him and we came to an agreement. "Time Out" is really boring, so anytime he gets close to getting there, I was going to tell him to 'be cool' and he'd try and stop. Of course, this worked for about 30mins, and then it was back to the insolence. At least he stopped hitting the other kids. My Mom was just really impressed that I had most of the kids listening to me. Normally they don't listen to anyone, and I had them lining up single file barking orders at them like I was a drill sargeant. I wasn't going to take any guff!
We got to play in this wicked cool maze for part of the afternoon. It took up a whole room and was made of wood about 4 feet high. It was covered on top with tarplike black material, and inside were Christmas lights so the kids could see. Honestly, I think it was the coolest homemade maze I ever experienced for free. (But I had to crouch the whole time, and now my quads are a little sore.)

3- I watched the new Chronicles of Narnia movie. It's rad. I loved it. I'm probably going to have to see it again. Centaurs are probably, like, the coolest thing ever! And so are animal battle scenes. At least now I know which animals are evil and which animals are good. This movie is Lord of the Rings Jr. I hope they make sequels.

4- We had a bunch of work people over to watch the Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators game. It was an intense game. I loved every minute of it. We won in the first round of Sudden Death Shootout. Canucks rule.

Based on all these things, and what happened yesterday (oooo mysterious!), I can unequivocally say that I feel like the cool, well-rounded, self-assured Mike H of the good times again. Top shelf Mike H is back to play again.

Watch out Blogosphere. You ain't seen nothing yet!

13 comments:

that girl possessed said...

oh snap. is your obligation to me complete?!?!

dude the narnia movie is so wicked. i just wanted to pet aslan, just reach up and rub his muzzle.... i've settled for mister though.

oh and i talked to phats today!!! and i must tell you things... but privately and not in the phats told me a secret and i'm not telling you sort of way.... i've said too much!

mister just fell off the computer desk. he's no aslan.

that girl possessed said...

hehe pockey and i saw the movie together and it was the most organized movie outing ever thanks to njc and shippy

ah i've said too much!

Mike H said...

Pockey - Yes. And what's your deal with long ass movies? I didn't even notice, but maybe that's because the new theatre in the Ridge is the best one I've ever been to. Hasn't TGP told you about the reclining seats? And the mountains of leg room? And the fact that I get cheap passes from the battery factory?

Whoa! I've said too much!

TGP - My obligation to you continues unabated. Oh yeah, and I already knew you talked to Phats. He's been very bragadocious about it. I think you should be expecting a phone call from me tonight....
ah, I've said too much!

Carly said...

i totally want to see narnia!!!!!!!!!
i don't know if it will happen this weekend though, damn.
mike, you are a drill sgt. -hardass! just kidding.

i was at milestone's downtown when the game was on and it was hella crazy cuz there was a bunch of shouting. i realized (without looking at the tv at the bar) that it must have been in suddendeath shoot out. you should be proud of me.

beavers rule, oh, what were we talking about?

Phats said...

Wow can you clean my house while you're at it, and shovel the snow? pleaseeeeeeeeeee

that girl possessed said...

no phats, he cannot.

glad we settled that.

Mike H said...

Cranberry - You didn't look at the TV once when the game was on? That's against what I believe in. No beavers for you.

Phats - I don't recall (rereads post) ever mentioning doing any chores man. I don't do other peoples chores. Pay attention. Cheerleader.

TGP - Glad you had my back on that one. Phats is being a dingleberry. Do his chores? Pshhh! Not even.

Phats said...

Damn it! I hate having to shovel too, oh well. Cheerleader? Now I am being made fun of what the dilly yo?! Haha JK at least you aren't calling me what my friends in college did, Cheer Boy.

Carly said...

*tear*

i did watch a bit of the game while we were waiting for our table but the tv was downstairs and we were upstairs, thus making it difficult to see the tv and therefore the game.

sheesh, i thought you would have been proud of me.

*tear, again*

Grish said...

So you know, everytime I coem to comment on your blog, everyone has already commented, said everything, and then some. Hmmm... I must be quicker on the uptake next time. I am officially back, though a little dazed. I shant ask about my letter ;) - just was wondering if you ever recieved your postcard from HK

Carly said...

grish, just eat your cookie.

Phats said...

Umm I want a cookie??? where the hell is mine! Come on Mike Give me a damn cookie!

cher said...

" and what happened yesterday (oooo mysterious!)"

what happened??????????????/