Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Here comes the Thnikkaman

Another weekend has again passed me by, and I feel like I spent a majority of it online. It's not really a good story to tell the non web savvy coworkers when I go back tomorrow. It's actually kind of boring. A 'conversation killer', if you will.

But if I do want to have a great story to tell, I'll have to expose too much of myself to these people that don't always set the morality and ethics watermark all that high. A few are cool, but I work with, like, 12 people most days, and I'm a Team Leader. A mistake I learned early on is to not let too many people know too much about you and what you do on your days off. It keeps things a little bit mysterious.

I work at a battery factory in the Lower Mainland for those that are curious. It's a really intense job at first, but after you're there for 6 months (if your sanity makes it that long) the job gets really simple. I've been there for 3 years now, and I have somehow managed to get myself into a Team Leader position. Not by choice, mind you, but by design. If it were my choice, I would rather just be a 'worker bee'.

I'm training someone right now, which is why I'm not really looking forward to going to work tomorrow. When you go a few weeks with barely talking about the job, to narrating everything you're doing, it takes a toll on the voice. Although, when voices get a little bit more scratchy they sound more sexy, so I guess I have that to look forward to. And being as our Battery Making Team is comprised of mostly women in their mid 30's to early 40's, a 24 year old baby faced dude with a scratchy man voice is just the kind of motivation they need to get up in the morning and come to work. What lady can resist that, seriously?

A fair amount surprisingly.

I wish I was more irresistible some days. Then I get a second look from some cute girl in the movie theater or at the coffee shop, and I feel a bit better.

There goes the Thnikkaman!

No comments: