Tuesday, September 13, 2005

"Let me stand next to your fire!"

Okay, was anybody looking at the sunset between the minutes of 7:01 and 7:13 tonight (the approx time it takes me to drive home from work)? Abso-freakin-lutely amazing. I think it may have been the Bog smoke, but it seriously looked like the sky was on fire. Not like, just the sun was on fire, I mean the whole sky around the sun looked like it was burning. But it wasn't really. Burning I mean.

West coast sunsets can't be beat. Just throw a little pollution in the mix (sad but true) and you've got the single most beautiful sight your eyes will ever see (too melodramatic?)

Here are some of my truths:

- Sunsets look better with a bit of cloud or a haze of pollution.
- Everything smells a bit more like it's supposed to when the rain first hits it. Then it washes all away and everything smells like water.
- People are more stupid than anyone is willing to admit.
- River's know this, we'll all get there someday.
- When you do things right, people won't notice you've done anything at all.
- You've got to be able to take care of yourself before you can ever take care of anything else.
- Just because I like rainbows doesn't mean I'm gay. It just means I like rainbows.

Those are the main ones that I can think of right now. Didn't I say I wasn't gonna do this on purpose? Oh well, I blame the fire sky.

3 comments:

Carly said...

world on fire....it's more that i can handle....

that girl possessed said...

you sir have a wonderful tendency to point out the greatest things i sometimes take for granted.

ps. i just noticed what you put for where you live, nice.

Carly said...

at least you don't live in the WG.
i'm sooo getting out this fall.