Sunday, September 18, 2005

Just keep mixing

I'm not sure why, but for some reason I thought that people were only supposed to update their blogs once a day? Weird notion, I know. Since I've started this thing I always think of things to post, but then end up talking myself out of them so as not to be too bloggy.

Well now, I could care less. I've got an apparent abundance of free time so I'm just going to post everything I want to. Keep up if you can!

Right now I'm making a CD. These are the songs that I'm going to be putting on it, in no particular order.

Beach Boys - Wouldn't it be Nice, because everything is nicer with the Beach Boys
Foo Fighters - Aurora, A320 or Generator, I haven't decided which one yet. Maybe it'll be 2!
Howie Day - Collide, sappy but ultimately calming
Jimi Hendrix - Fire, this song just classically rocks my socks off
Primitive Radio Gods - Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money In Hand, how can anyone go wrong with a lengthy title like that?
Samantha Ronson - Built This Way, this is from 'Mean Girls' and it's a girly song, so what! wanna fight about it?
Postal Service - Such Great Heights, I dig it
Aha - Take on Me, obligatory 80's song that still keeps popping up every now and again
Stevie Wonder - Signed, sealed, delivered, it's funky and reminiscent of a time when there wasn't too many problems with things
XTC - Dear God, where did this come from? who is that kid in the beginning? why did I find out about this song so late in life?
Perry Como - It's a Good Day, because Blast from the Past was on TBS yesterday
Bobby Darin - Beyond the Sea, kicks major old school ass!
Rod Stewart - Maggie May, it sounds kind of Fall-ish, it even mentions September
Earth, Wind and Fire - Dancing in September, speaking of September!
Bedouin Soundclash - When the Night Feels my Song, new hits always get a spot on a mix CD until heavy rotation kills the vibe
Kanye West with Jamie Foxx - Golddigger, the only rapper I can think of who's not an idiot, yet
Arrogant Worms - Toronto Sucks, because Toronto sucks and these guys are Canadian so they understand enough to be able to write a song about it


That's all I've got so far, one or two more I have myself another classic Mike H Mix CD

Any suggestions for great mix CD songs?

8 comments:

shipkicker said...

i was gonna go with on the mend by foo fighters. or anything by george michael, because with george, really one can never go wrong.

shipkicker said...

oh and howie day? dont even worry about it i love that song. thanks to you i know who its by now. i am complete.

Mike H said...

I've really got to start listening to the Foo's acoustic disc from 'In Your Honour'.
I've only listened to the rock one for the past few months. I guess I must be missing out on something good.

Carly said...

Metric - Dead Disco - i rocks!

Carly said...

anything by le tigre - perhaps Deceptacon or TKO.

Mike H said...

I always thought the best Metric song was Succexy, but that's just one man's opinion. The whole album is good.

Never got into Le Tigre, their overt political opinions on feminism made it difficult to get a good vibe from them.
They hate men right?

Carly said...

URGH!!!! (women's studies grad begins pulling out her hair)

that girl possessed said...

curses to your superior cd making skills. i have nothing to offer to this at all sadly.

girls like skills.