Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Lord of War

Saw this movie tonight. It's a real downer, but also an eye opener. It says a lot about the people in power and how they do nothing to stop the wars overseas from happening. They just keep up the business of guns. It's the story of a guy, Nicholas Cage, in the middle of it all, and how everything falls apart when he gets into it too deep.

Gunrunning sucks, but at least you have some powerful friends, but you also have just as powerful enemies.

At the end there's a text on screen about who supplies the most guns to the world, which are all coincidentally the same 5 countries on the UN Security Council and will remain there as long as there is a UN Security Council. They are, the U.S., the U.K., Russia, France and China.

That's all according to the blurb at the end of the movie. A movie I'd recommend for people to see, if you're up for a feeling of futility. Because lets face facts, as Canadians, we can't really do much except have an opinion.

Go Canada, eh?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. You did it a couple of days ago but I'm only getting around to thanking you now, oops, lol.
Anyways your comments are always welcome and I will look at your blog from now on. Cheers.

shipkicker said...

you are such a blog whore. look at all your postings.

Mike H said...

Yes, it's true. I am a blog whore.

What can I say, I get bored easily.

But, nobody said you had to read ALL of them.

that girl possessed said...

it's getting pretty intense up in here.... do i need to get my shank?

Mike H said...

Shank it up TGP. I knew I could count on you getting my back.

Bizarro Worlds Unite!