Monday, September 12, 2005

Judd Apatow is a golden god

I just watched some 'Undeclared'. That put me in a better mood. Not like my last post about Terry Fox and all that seriousness. Sometimes I get way too serious, but there's enough funny people in the world to bring me back to being light and airy, like popcorn. I love popcorn, it's my comfort food. Even though sometimes the little corn husks get stuck in my teeth. It's kind of something to do when I use my tongue to try and get them out if no floss is handy. Floss works best though.
Back to 'Undeclared'. Barely anybody I know has ever heard of this show, let alone seen it. Remember back in the day that TV show 'Popular Mechanics for Kids'? The one with Elisha Cuthbert (hot!) on it before she was hot and a big TV/Movie star. The other kid on it was Jay Baruchel. He was kind of a nerd, and still is, and plays one on 'Undeclared'. It's got a bunch of other people in it, including some major names guest starring. Judd Apatow is responsible for the whole thing, and I wish he could have made more episodes. They're all seriously funny.
I guess Judd Apatow is a movie director now. He directed 40 Year Old Virgin, and had a hand in Anchorman too. The point is, he's a funny behind the scenes guy, and should be recognized for it.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of golden gods, David Bowie is one too.

2 comments:

that girl possessed said...

can we be so bold as to say mitch hedberg was a golden god?!?! or it that too much too soon?

congrats on the new blog :)

ps. i need to borrow your undeclared dvds and perhaps scrubs, you know, once you actually watch them.

Mike H said...

(breathes in quickly between his clenched teeth)

too soon, too soon. I've not gotten over his shifting this mortal coil to the point I can call him a golden god.

Perhaps we can in time, but I need some time to properly spread his work, and then the news of his demise. People still reel when I let them know the story of Mitch.