Thursday, November 24, 2005

A blog a day keeps the Ho Hums away!

I've got nothing in particular to Blog about. Just some random stories of my day.

Big Sports News of the Day (for me anyways)
Canucks beat San Jose 3-2, although they were really given the game by the Ref. He allowed a goal for Vancouver that probably should have been disallowed, and didn't count a goal that most definitely was a goal for San Jose. Those Canucks got away with one there. They're very lucky.

What Else Is New?
We're very shorthanded at work on my shift, and yours truly gets to be in charge of it all. The regular Team Leader, Mstile, is on a trip to Cancun for 18 days. Lucky bastard. Of course, this is the week that we get a new employee, and management changes all kinds of procedures on us. Poor kid, he's not going to know what's going on in the coming weeks. And neither are we.
Bonus Work News
Being as we're so shorthanded we've had people in on Overtime helping us out for the past, oh, 4 months maybe? Always different people, we usually see the same group of 8 signing up to work with us on our shift. Today, one of the girls heard me tell one of my coworkers the awesome letters I have been receiving. To make a long story short, she is now a part of the Mike H Snail Mail revival. It will probably be the shortest distance I will send a letter, but it's going to be interesting because she seems very excited to get something other than a bill.
That makes 12 people I send letters to now. With a possible 13th. I haven't decided if I'm going to renew the letter writing with this person. She's probably living in Spain or something, and not Canada like she used to. But who knows?

Personal Messages to my loyal Blog Readers
TGP - I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow night. Before you called me it was a really good plan, and now it's a super fantabulous plan. Mainly because I'll get to see Miss K. She's cute! (I hope she doesn't drink too much.)

Shipkicker - If you really want a letter I'll write you one, and I'll even put it on scented cupcake paper, with rainbows, just like I've previously stated. Unless you're too cool for that kind of thing which I suspect you are.

Pockey - Winnie the Pooh is a great book. But it's difficult to read it at night when My So Called Life is on. (I think I just double deuced myself.)

Cranberry - I'm drinking cranberry juice right now. I wish I had some apple juice so I can mix them together. Oh, and the postcard picture you sent makes me laugh a little on the inside.

Phats - Thank you for cheering on the Canucks. They're doing just fine, and I'll update you on my opinions about their chances for the Stanley Cup in the New Year. I promise.

Ms. Nuttyblonde - The mix CD is on it's way. I made myself a copy too, and I listen to it every morning on my way to work. I love the music I listen to!

Gareth - I'm going to kick ass in the Blog-iator Challenge (shallaunge?) on Phat's Blog. At least, I hope I will. Oh man, I'm so bad at "trash talking".

Grish - Hello? Are you out there? I'm SO sending you a letter!

Cher - TGP hearts you. Pass it on.

I hope everybody has a good weekend!

7 comments:

Carly said...

yay! i'm so glad you got it!
i wanted to send you something super quick and ideas for letters just weren't coming out quick enough.

you should scan it and post it.

Carly said...

mixing apple juice and cranberry juice is a fantastic idea. i find myself a little too tarty sometimes.

cher said...

you can post my letter too if you want. for those days when you truly have nothing to blog about.

cranberry- i see you are now coming premixed with different juices. very clever of you.

Carly said...

cher: it's all about marketing hun.

Phats said...

HELL YA go Canucks! I am turning into a big fan, I find myself checking the scores haha :)

Grish said...

YAY! So glad I'm geting a letter - I was hoping to be on the list of people who u wrie letter to via snail mail. I now have anotehr thing to look forward to when I gewt back. Oh yewah, and your postcard is on its way.

Mike H said...

Cranberry and Cher - I will most definitely post pictures. As soon as I decide to post about the letter writing again. Which I will, sometime soon.

Pockey - Lets start a book club where all we read is Winnie the Pooh and House at Pooh Corner. It would be so cool.

Phats - Good. While you're at it you should start hating the Toronto Maple Leafs. Every loyal Canucks fan does.

Grish - Please don't be mad at me if it takes a long time. 12 people is a lot to write to, and most people harass me about not getting their letter it on here.

Cheesy Joe - True, but now I want Kerry Fraser to be the ref in all of the Canucks games. Maybe in a perfect world.