Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Give up the Funk

I feel much better about life in general today. I think it was because I was working so much at a job that sucks the energy right out of me. 6 12-hour shifts in a row will NOT be happening again anytime soon.

I'm looking forward to my 4 days off. The first one will be spent in bed. I need a day in bed watching movies and eating junk food. Then, I'm going to watch the Canucks (yay!) play Wayne Gretzky's Phoenix Coyotes (boo). How about that huh? I get to be in the same building as Gretzky! The Great One! Cool!

The last two days are still coming into focus. I have TGP penned (none of this pencil silliness) in for a movie and I'll finally get to see my cousin. The one who got engaged. We haven't hung out for close to 3 months, and we only live 15 mins away from each other. It's because of stupid life and all the busy-ness. Why can't the busy-ness leave me alone for a week, why?!?!

Here's something about me that might make you laugh. I'm secretly addicted to the show 'My So-Called Life'. I didn't watch it the first time around when it was on in 1994, but they've recently been playing it on the Family Channel at 11pm. I don't know why, but I've become enamored with this little time capsule of a show. It kind of makes me want to go back and check out 'Party of Five'. Remember that depressing show? Oh man, what I wouldn't give to be with Lacey Chabert right now.

I heart the 1990's!

16 comments:

shipkicker said...

hahaha i totally watched an episope of my so called life the other day. and i was so into it.

Mike H said...

Oh god. I'm such a girly man.

I'm gonna have to drink some beer and watch the New York Rangers/Islanders hockey game now. Just so I don't feel like such a fem.

I don't even like New York.

Yikes! My word verification is
grlily.
This is all adding up to bad.

Carly said...

i faked watching both of those shows when i was younger so i would seem cool.

Phats said...

haha nice entry! Sounds like you're going to have a nice 4 days off.

Party of 5 rocked! Is there a character out there more depressing then Julia(neve campbell) Never watched So called life sorry.

Phats said...

Uhh Nutty we have the INDIANAPOLIS ICE DUH!

they play Ice Ice baby at their games

Mike H said...

Yeah, when I read that I was like "I thought they had hockey all over North America with the WHL, AHL, ECHL, CHL, UHL. So many HL's have to have an Indiana team."

Then Phats proved me right so I didn't have to look into it.

Ice Ice Baby, so corny that it's funny.

Phats said...

Sorry I am not a fan of Hockey, except the fights are cool! Not many sports can go on strike for a full season and not really be missed whatsoever haha :) I like the wings though isn't that where they throw the octopus on the ice?

Mike H said...

Not be missed? Are you kidding me? All of Canada had nothing to watch for a whole year!

You're not a fan of much, are you Phats. "Lost Shmost"?, not a fan of hockey?

Yeah, well, I don't know the Boilers, but because you're not a fan of hockey or Lost, I'm not going to be a fan of your Purdue Boilers, or whatever. Just to spite you.

I don't want them to lose, I'm just not going to support them like I was doing before.

Mike H Boiler Support Revoked. DING!

So there.

Phats said...

Oh No!! Now I am trying to scramble and take back what I said about hockey. Man and I had a zinger for Canada too, but I guess i'll just keep it in haha :)

I can't get into lost, i tried but i got bored and fell asleep. Not to mention I pretty much have a show for every night of the week so getting into another one would just be bad! ha.

Mike H said...

Stephanie - Yeah, she was 12 when the show started. Now she's a hot 23 years old. That's perfect for me.

Phats - OK, I can forgive you for the Lost thing. But the hockey and Canada "zingers" will not stand!

All the Ladies - You all gain 10 notches of coolness for agreeing with me! PS, Phats you lose five notches for making fun of hockey.

Phats said...

Man! I am going to spend the next 5 yrs trying to back those 5 notches D'oh!

Unknown said...

Phats you should be totally ashamed of not like hockey you dork! geesh. Sorry about the Mike. Some people are idiots.

Unknown said...

Geesh that was a whole pile of non sensical crap!!!
I meant to say:
Phats you should be totally ashamed of not liking hockey you dork! geesh. Sorry about that Mike. Some people are idiots.
I'm off to the library now to pick up a grammar book!

Phats said...

HAHA get bent gareth you don't even know what Hockey is probably

Unknown said...

Um yes I do!!! Don't pull that one on me.

Mike H said...

Gareth knows hockey, just check out the comments in my last post.