Sunday, October 30, 2005

Pumpkin Day! and Look at how cute I was.

Yesterday TGP, Pockey, Shipkicker and myself all carved pumpakins in a gloriously fun-filled afternoon we affectionately called, Pumpkin Day. That's right, it was just me and 3 girls. 3 really cool, awesome, good looking girls. Jealous? You should be.

It was a marathon afternoon of scooping, stencilling and carving. I made 4 pumpakins and I only used the punkin stencils available from the Homestar Runner website. TGP's Mom was very confused as to what mine were supposed to be. But she recognized most, if not all, of the other girls pumpakins. TGP's Mom is so nice. She was cool with the fact that there were 12 pumpakins all over her kitchen and that I had totally invited myself over for dinner at her place. Such an awesome Mom.
It was sooo much fun. Some much needed fun after doing that Top 5 list.

After the carving, dinner, and the hockey game I went upstairs to find TGP and Pockey looking at pictures of days gone by. They didn't care too much that the Canucks had lost, so I just joined into the picture looking. It was a good thing I came when I did too, because there were some embarrasing ones of me in there. (We're almost even Pockey, I have some pics at my house that will make us totally even).

Here though, is a baby pic of me. I'm at my Grandma's house in the early 80's, and I think I did this a lot.


Because here I am again with my cousin, (the one who just got engaged).

Aren't we the little misfits? She's a year older than me, so I was just following her lead. I mean seriously, she's obviously the one in charge here. I'm so happy that she's getting married this summer. Our family needed some good news for a change.
So that's a little taste of what I actually look like. I may get more brave and post some pictures of my upcoming family vacation to Disneyland. I'm leaving in 3 days.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post Mike. Kudos to you.
Pumpakin ... why do you spell it that way. Is it an inside joke???
Oh and TGP you said you would try to carve a leprechaun for me. Did you do it?
Mike you should post pics of the pumpkins!!!

Phats said...

Do you want to carve my pumpkins?

BTW VERY VERY Jealous

shipkicker said...

yes it was fun serving time with you. i mean, carving pumpkins. i notice that you did not mention sponge bob. my back will never be the same. my family, oh and me too, appreciated your help with the outline and all. but i did all the hard stuff. and dont worry, i am taking good care of transformers. loves the baby pics.

Mike H said...

Pockey - Batman never looked like a pig. TGP's Mom is silly. And the pictures, yeah, you'll see them. It's only fair.

Gareth - Pumpakins is more fun to say. So is punkins. Alas, I did not make a leprechaun. And I also don't have the pictures, Pockey does.

Phats - No. And I knew you would be.

Shippy - I didn't mention everybody elses pumpakins because I figured everybody else would post about their own. I'm not a toe-stepper. Glad you enjoyed it though. You've got a lot to learn about stencilling. (More dots dammit!) That's what you get for picking the hardest one to do.
Is your back seriously THAT messed up? You hid it well, except for all the complaining I didn't even notice your back hurt.

that girl possessed said...

this post made me smile. so much fun yesterday and so much chocolate.

pockey - upload the god damn pictures!!! luf you :)

shippy - sponge bob was beyond amazing, it put us all to shame. but then again it took you over 2 hours so it should be amazing. but i guess no one will think you are a jehovah witness this year.

mike h - and the trogdor comes in the NIIIIIIIGHT! hehe thanks for an awesome day of giggles.

Unknown said...

Shippy as a jehovah witness! That NEEDS to be explained, hehe!!!

Carly said...

i'm going to disney land, oh - you are.
have fun. can't wait to see photos of les citroille.